Unlike what most people believe, learning a new language does not have to be boring. You can incorporate your new language into the activities that you love doing like providing a review on sun basket, explaining recipes and giving instructions etc. Cooking has become a very popular way for people to learn a target language since it is entertaining and it gives you the opportunity to improve your cooking skills. Besides, you can engage for classes despite your cooking expertise level.
Advantages of Learning a New Language Using Cookery
- Cooking is an entertaining and relaxing activity. Hence, it provides the best environment to learn a new language without much pressure.
- You are able to enhance your vocabulary and grammar since it allows you to work in a lexical field. For instance, you will learn different words to describe how food looks or smells in the foreign language.
- When you have learnt new vocabulary, you will be able to put it into practice through actions.
- When cooking, you will be able to associate certain words with certain movements, and this will enable you to memorize them better.
- There is a high level of communication and exchange of words in the kitchen. For this reason, it can be really useful to learn a new language and put into practice what you have learnt.
Where to Get the Language Lessons
You can get acquainted with the cuisine by using a cookbook in the second language. In cookbooks and recipes, you might learn new words, and that will improve your vocabulary in the kitchen. The compilation of repeated words and images will help you memorize the words better, and you won’t have to resort to the dictionary. You can get the cookbooks online or at a store near you.
Learn a new language by watching cooking videos in your target language. By listening to words of certain items in the kitchen and repeating them, you will be teaching your mind to memorize them. You start with cooking videos that come with translation so that you can associate the words in a language you understand. Then, repeat doing the same recipe without translation.
Enrolling in cooking lessons is another way to further improve your language skills and learn healthy home cooking. There are numerous classes that teach students a new language while they learn how to cook. Whatever your level of cooking expertise, you can take the opportunity to improve as you learn many things in the kitchen in the new language.
Your teacher is most likely to take you through the recipe where you will use the same verbs and adjectives in different contexts. Repetition will help you remember the vocabulary and improve your understanding of the target language.
Language Learning Apps
Technology has helped speed up the time of learning a new language. There are numerous language learning apps that you can download to improve your language skills. With an app, you can practice the language anywhere at any time, so you can incorporate it in your cooking. The apps can be downloaded on your phone, laptop or tablet. Hence, it is simple to use it even in the kitchen.
Many people are now turning to cooking to improve their skills of a new language. If you are looking to learn a new language and probably improve your cooking skills, enroll in a workshop that will take you through this exceptional experience. After all, you will be killing two birds with one stone. You can also download language apps, cookbooks and watch cooking videos to help you learn the language at home.